This web site is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

TC-5214

Catalyst Biosciences

Drug Names(s): Amplixa, s-mecamylamine

Description: TC-5214 is the S(+) enantiomer of the racemate mecamylamine hydrochloride, a broad spectrum neuronal nicotinic receptor (NNR) antagonist. In preclinical studies, TC-5214 has exhibited a better overall safety and efficacy profile than mecamylamine. Much of it's activity in behavioral assays appears to be attributable to non-competitive inhibition of the alpha-4-beta-2 and alpha-3-beta-4 subtypes of the nicotinic receptor.

Deal Structure: TC-5214 was originally developed by Targacept.

Targacept and AstraZeneca
In December 2009, AstraZeneca and Targacept announced a collaboration and licence agreement for the global development and commercialisation of TC-5214. Under the agreement, AstraZeneca will make an upfront payment to Targacept of $200 million and up to an additional $540 million if specified development, regulatory and first commercial sale milestones are achieved. Targacept will also be eligible to receive up to $500 million if specified sales related milestones are achieved as well as significant stepped double-digit royalties on net sales worldwide. Targacept has retained an option for a co-promotion of TC-5214 to a limited target physician audience in the US.

AstraZeneca will be responsible for 80 percent of the cost of the initial global development programme, with Targacept responsible for the remaining 20 percent. AstraZeneca will be responsible for and will fund the costs of global...See full deal structure in Biomedtracker


TC-5214 News


Additional information available to subscribers only:

  • Targets
  • Routes
  • Catalysts
  • Designations
  • Events

Request a Free Demo Subscriber Login Search for another drug