This web site is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Naprelan

Shionogi & Co. Ltd.

Drug Names(s): naproxen sodium, Naprelan Once-Daily, Naprelan Controlled Release Tablets

Description: NAPRELAN is a once-daily naproxen sodium product. It is formulated with bi-phasic controlled release technology that confers an immediate release of 30% of the naproxen sodium followed by a sustained release of the remaining 70%. Naproxen sodium is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antipyretic properties. The major mechanism of action of NSAIDS is believed to be inhibition of cycloxygenase activity and prostaglandin synthesis.

Deal Structure: Naprelan was originally developed by Elan.

In June 2004, Hi-Tech Pharmacal announced that the Company acquired perpetual, royalty free, exclusive rights to market and distribute Naprelan controlled-release tablets in the United States, its territories and Puerto Rico. As consideration for the acquisition, Hi-Tech paid $3 million in cash and an additional approximately $400,000 for the existing product inventory.

In January 2007, Victory Pharma announced an agreement with Hi-Tech Pharmacal for the exclusive U.S. commercial license rights to NAPRELAN.

In June 2007, Santaru and Victory Pharma announced that they entered into a co-promotion agreement relating to Victory's NAPRELAN Controlled Release Tablets.Under the terms of the agreement, Santarus will promote NAPRELAN Tablets to Santarus' targeted primary care physicians and will be paid a co-promotion fee calculated as a percentage of the net sales value of the prescriptions generated by its targeted physician group,...See full deal structure in Biomedtracker

Partners: Akorn Inc. Alkermes plc


Naprelan News


Additional information available to subscribers only:

  • Targets
  • Routes
  • Catalysts
  • Designations
  • Events

Request a Free Demo Subscriber Login Search for another drug