This web site is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

AcipHex ER

EA Pharma Co., Ltd.

Drug Names(s): Rabeprazole sodium, Pariet ER

Description: Aciphex ER is an increased dose of Aciphex, 50mg as opposed to 20mg.

Aciphex, known as Pariet in Europe, is a proton pump inhibitor that suppresses gastric acid secretion by specific inhibition of H+/K+-ATPase in the gastric parietal cell. By acting specifically on the proton pump, esomeprazole blocks the final step in acid production, thus reducing gastric acidity.

Deal Structure: Eisai and Ajinomoto
In October 2015, Eisai and Ajinomoto announced that respective meetings of Eisais Executive Committee and Ajinomoto Co.s Board of Directors resolved to enter an integration agreement concerning the splitting off of a portion of Eisais gastrointestinal disease treatment business and its subsequent succession by Ajinomoto Co.s wholly-owned subsidiary AJINOMOTO PHARMACEUTICALS CO., LTD. (AJINOMOTO PHARMACEUTICALS) via an absorption-type split, and on the same day, a corresponding integration agreement was signed between Eisai and Ajinomoto Co.

The trade name for the new integrated company will be EA Pharma Co., Ltd.. Eisai will hold 60% of the shares in EA Pharma Co., Ltd., while Ajinomoto Co. will hold the remaining 40%, and the company will be one of Eisais consolidated subsidiaries and an affiliated company accounted for by the equity-method for Ajinomoto Co.

This transaction closed in April 2016.


AcipHex ER News


Additional information available to subscribers only:

  • Targets
  • Routes
  • Catalysts
  • Designations
  • Events

Request a Free Demo Subscriber Login Search for another drug