This web site is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Copegus

Roche Holding AG

Drug Names(s): Ribavirin, R964, RG964

Description: Copegus (Ribavirin) is approved for use in combination with pegylated interferon to treat hepatitis C (HCV) infection. Ribavirin belongs to a class of drugs called nucleoside analogs, which includes some anti-HIV drugs like zidovudine (AZT). Ribavirin works with pegylated interferon to help stop HCV from making new copies of itself, these drugs also help the immune system to kill HCV. Ribavirin used alone does not have any effect on HCV or HIV, but it helps pegylated interferon to be more effective.

Deal Structure: Revenue splits for this drug are BioMedTracker estimates.

In January 2003, Roche, ICN Pharmaceuticals and Ribapharm announced that they have agreed on a settlement regarding the pending patent disputes over ribavirin. The companies will stop all legal actions regarding ribavirin, including the lawsuits filed in the US. Roche will continue to register and commercialize its own version of ribavirin, Copegus, globally. The financial terms of this settlement agreement, which includes a license by Ribapharm of ribavirin to Roche, were not disclosed. ICN, which already owned 80% of Ribapharm, acquired the remaining 20% minority interest of Ribapharm later in 2003 and then changed its name to Valeant Pharmaceuticals (also in 2003).

Partners: Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.


Copegus News


Additional information available to subscribers only:

  • Targets
  • Routes
  • Catalysts
  • Designations
  • Events

Request a Free Demo Subscriber Login Search for another drug